Sunday, September 2, 2007

New things

Hello everyone
Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the labour day weekend before y'all have to go back to school.
Its been quite a week here with us 3 DeJonge girls - we have been having alot of fun. We only had supper twice at our house this week which was great because otherwise they would have to suffer through my cooking. A lot of people invited us to their houses so that was really nice.
Thrusday was awesome because it was my cousisns birthday so we did a suprise thing for her and boy she was suprised. It was an awesome day though - I think at the end we all had 5 peieces of different cakes people had made for us (YUMMY!!!)
I found out that I'll be staying for this week at their house as well because my uncle and aunt have to stay a little longer in the states but thats no problem I'm already busy all the way up to Thursday this week.
Last Friday was alot of fun. I went to the Rockingham elementary school to help with their cultural week and got to do mosiacs. It was the grouting part so it was the messiest but it was alot of fun. All the kids for some reason knew my name but I didn't really know any of them. Then I went and looked around the other displays and some were really nice - beautiful to see.
I also got a viewing of my uncles mechanic workshop this week - it looked so good, it was amazing. And then I saw a truck that they had transformed with a barbecue in the front and then in the pickup part would hold all the drinks - it was really awesome and they had used it for their open house.
Also I worked!!! Which I thought was pretty cool. Thanks to my Auntie I helped out in the El Shaddai cafe just to see if I would like it and the owner would like me. I think I got it but won't start work of course until my uncle and aunt come back because that cafe is right beside where I am supposed to be living so a bit of a distance for me to get to while I am here.
Full of fun its been for the last week and this week will be just as busy
Enjoy your freedom before school starts!!!
DJ

No comments: