Saturday, September 8, 2007

FUN!!

Hello
How is everybody??!! I'm sure you are all enjoying going back to school - or watching everyone else going back to school around you?!!
This has been a total blast. I got a lot of things done. I went and got a cell phone (except here you have to call it a mobile or people just have no idea what you are talking about). And also set up a bank account with exactly 5 dollars in it. It will get me super far thats for sure.
Some people took me to Rottnest Island and it was absoutley fantastic. We got the VIP package so like compliementary morning tea, a guide all day, buffet lunch and wine testing in the afternoon. Besides that though the history and scenery was just incrediable. There was barely any wind which is rare and it was an amazing day!!
On Friday I went to a new familys house in Byfird visiting with friends and they lived on a bull farm so that was pretty neat - then the ute got stuck in the paddock (truck in the field) and we had to walk back to get the tractor to pull it out - very fun and adventerous.
Then tonight (Saturday) I went to the Baldavis International dinner and that was really cool. They got all the Canadians to come up to the front to sing the anthem which was awesome and there were a lot of us up there thats for sure!! Never really realized how many Canadains were actully here.
Anyways better get going again - can't sleep during church now can I!
Bye
DJ

4 comments:

Talia said...

hey shannel!
it's cool to read your blog every so often! glad to hear that you're doing well and having fun. school is going pretty good so far for me. just trying to get back into regular routine again :). miss going out for coffee with you though, that's for sure!
luv ya lots,
Talia

jeannette said...

hey shannel
glad to hear things are going so well. it's kinda nice to be back at school now- altho its pretty different this year, im happy with it tho.
take care, luv lots
jeannette

Joel f said...

hey Shannel, looks like you're getting good treatment! I like your translation of Aussie phrases for us, like 'truck in the field' : )

johBergz said...

Lol!! That's adorable.. you have no idea how much of a laugh I got out of your "truck in field" explanation.. :P
Sounds like you had a great introduction to Aus :) I haven't even been to Rotto myself!
Ok, take it easy, I'll ttu soon.
Ps. Hope these blogs aren't only intented for ur mates back home ;) xx